Thursday 19 February 2015

Replacement Lenses for SJ5000+ and GoPro

Some of the high prices being asked for "special" lenses compatible with GoPro or SJ5000 models seem hard to justify given that these optics are manufactured in huge quantities for security cameras using the same M12 screw thread mounting.


A quick Google found this page at Surveilzone who list a selection starting at $2.99. I've not yet tried any but most are cheap enough to take a chance. (Caveat: the specs show sensors size smaller than 1/2.3" so may not cover the full sensor?) If buying for daytime use then a model with an Infra -red filter are advised.

1 comment:

  1. True only Lens I can see that may be any good is the $99 IR Cut 5.4 one don't know what quality they are but a hell of a lot cheaper than what others are asking I haven't seen the camera internals or anyone that has replaced a lens so I personally woulden't attempt it till i seen whats involved with the SJ perhaps I may once I decide wether to buy one of these or not

    ReplyDelete